Monday, August 3, 2009

Thing #21 Podcasts

I checked out some of the podcasts. I like the audio capabilities and the quality of the ones I accessed were very good. Only one of them had a stop and start problem. There were a couple of links that were no longer available. There was one link that totally disgusted me - (difference of opinion), and one thing that stood out in all the links I did access was the abundance of poor grammar. I also think it helps to write out what you want to say first, or at least practice. The 'ums and ahs' are quick ways to lose a reader's attention.
I would love to do some of these book review podcasts with the students. Many of the links I accessed had book reviews done by the librarians, but I think they would be so much more powerful if done by the students.
The list of resources available for podcasting is like a new language to me! There is so much out there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment