Monday, July 20, 2009

Thing #19 Google Docs

I would love Google Docs if everyone on our campus had an account and/or would use it. I tried setting up a schedule calendar in Google Docs last year for our computer lab. I wanted the teachers to sign up online when they wanted to reserve the lab. The problem was that only 10% of the teachers actually used it. Then, when they didn't need the lab, they would forget to go in Google Docs and cancel their time. I went back to using the schedule on my circulation desk because it was simpler. A teacher would call me to place their name on the schedule. Picking up the phone was much easier than explaining Google Docs to the entire faculty.
I also think it would be great to use with my church - organizing covered dish luncheons; meals for shut-ins; ushers and greeters schedules. But again, not everyone in our church could/would use it and some members don't even use a computer. Otherwise, it would be so useful....

No comments:

Post a Comment